INTERNATIONAL SPELEOLOGICAL EXPEDITION Buzbu-Too, Isfan-Jailoo. 5.09. -19.09.2018.
Complex speleological expedition in two karst areas Buzbu-Too and Isfan-Jailoo.
Earlier, these areas were not explored by speleologists. These are promising karst areas, which are confined to limestone of Devonian and mostly Carboniferous age.
Today the Spanish and Kyrgyz speleologists plan to participate in the expedition. Also, everyone can take part in the expedition.
The plans of the expedition:
1. Study of the Buzbu-Too mountain massif, which consists of limestone of Devonian and Carboniferous age. The array is located to the south of the junction of the Ferghana and At-Oinok mountain ranges.
Reconnaissance expedition in 2017, showed a good speleological perspective in this area.
2. Study of the Isfan-Jailoo limestone massif. This array is very extensive in area. There are several high plateaus on the massif. There are karst funnels on the plateau.
If the study of the first karst area does not present any difficulties, then the study of Isfan-Jailoo, is a rather difficult task. The absence of any roads will not allow the use of the car.
Delivery of equipment and food to high-altitude plateaus will be carried out on horses or donkeys.
According to geologists, the Karst region of Isfan-Jailoo is a very promising area in speleological terms.
The presence of numerous springs, limestone plateaus at an altitude of more than 3000 m, their high altitude over the thalweg of rivers at the base of the mountain range, are good factors for the formation of caves.
In vertical cliffs of canyons, there are several enticing entrances. In this area, several caves are already known. Reconnaissance of 2017, allowed to find several caves. The longest of them has an extent of more than 200 meters.
Purpose of the expedition:
- Search and exploration of new caves;
- Research caves, which are known to local residents;
- speleological biological research
- speleo archaeological research
- hydrogeological investigations
Preliminary plan of the expedition
The plan can be changed if in the Buzbu-Too caves will be found and more time will be needed to study them.
4.09.2018. - Arrival of participants to Bishkek. Presentation of the expedition. Discussion of plans. Preparation for departure.
5.09. - Departure to the karst area of Buzbu-Too (see map of the route). Arrival to the base camp site. We plan to establish a base camp on the southern side of the mountain range in one of the picturesque gorge.
6 - 7.09. - Research of karst area Buzbu-Too
8.09. - Collection of the base camp. Departure to the Isfan-Jailoo area.
The route continues through the semi-desert Kyzyl-Jar and further Tash-Kumyr.
Arrival to the city of Kara-Kul. Purchase of food.
Then the route to the base camp site, which is located to the east of Karakul.
The second group should go to the city of Mailuu-Suu and from there, carry out reconnaissance of the area before the end of the expedition.
The task of the group will also include a study of the kurst plateau of Kumysh, which closes Isfan-Jailoo in the southeast.
15.09. two groups should meet at the base camp in the area of the Sere-Suu preserve, which is located in the depths of Isfan-Jailoo.
In the process of work, the plans of the two groups can change.
All necessary equipment for the base camp and expedition is provided by our Foundation.
The expedition creates conditions for the work of speleo biologists and speleo archeologists.
All necessary permits for carrying out these or those studies will be obtained by our Foundation in the relevant state organizations.
For the successful work of speleologists in hard-to-reach areas, horses are planned to be rented.
For the transportation of people and equipment, we plan to use two mini bus Mercedes Sprinter. The maximum number of participants is 20 people.
Cost of the expedition:
Estimated costs for 7 people, for 14 days, in September 2018.
The total amount is 5110 dollars.
The cost for each participant is 730 dollars.
Included in the price:
- Car rental for 14 days
- Consumables for the expedition (gasoline for the generator, gas and other);
- Permits for research;
- Accommodation in the hotel on the way to Kerben and Karakul, 2 days;
- Payment to the cook;
- We rent some equipment for a camp that we do not have.
- Payment for land for the base camp.
- Satellite communication services.
Our speleo organization provides equipment for the base camp and expedition:
- individual tents, (Russian, RedFox) All tents are new four local. But we used tents for two people, that would be comfortable
- Generator and electrical infrastructure
- Large tents for kitchen and warehouse
- Ropes, anchor bolts, carbines
- Mobile toilets
- Folding tables, chairs
- Utensils for kitchen and dining room (new)
Estimated costs for 10 people for 14 days
The total amount is 6900 dollars.
The cost for each participant is 6900 dollars.
Estimated costs for 12 people for 14 days
The total amount is - 7800 dollars
The cost for each participant is $ 650
Estimated costs for 15 people for 14 days.
The total sum is $ 8,850
The cost for each participant is 590 dollars
For these expeditions we rent two cars. One car for passengers, the second car for transportation of cargo.
The price does not include:
- Accommodation in a hotel in Bishkek
- Rent of horses
Speleologists and scientists who want to participate in a complex speleological expedition can report to the Caves Conservation and Research Foundation at: firstname.lastname@example.org